On September 7, Equifax announced a data breach potentially affecting millions of consumers. As a result of the data breach, consumers need to be vigilant about monitoring their credit history along with debit and credit card activity, as there is potential for an increase in identity theft.
How Can I Protect Myself?
- Check if your data was affected at Equifax's website
- Sign up for identity protection, through Equifax or additional providers
- Monitor your credit scores for suspicious activity
- If necessary, place a freeze on your credit report - Click here for more information and FAQs regarding freezing your credit report
- Set up Fraud Alerts to monitor your Wings accounts
- Additional information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can be found here