Wings Financial is more than just a place to put your money. We are committed to helping members succeed financially from day one.
Click one of the pencils below to learn more about Jr. JetSavers and view valuable resources.
For our youngest members, Wings Financial offers Jr. JetSavers, a savings and education program for kids ages birth to 12 years. Jr. JetSavers supports and rewards good savings habits with:
- A Jr. JetSaver newsletter- Enjoy our semi-annual newsletter with educational money facts and fun activities.
- Personal birthday wishes- Kids receive a birthday postcard every year until their 12th birthday.
- A free gift- After they reach $150 in their Jr. JetSavers account, kids can redeem a special certificate for a FREE J.J. bank!
To sign your child up for Jr. JetSavers:
The Educational Testing Services reported that “students who do more reading at home are better readers and have higher math scores”. What a great motivation to read with your kids! Here are some resources for you to use at home, with a financial education piece. Please feel free to suggest some of your favorite books to us as well and check back for more titles.
3 & Up:
- Bunny Money by Rosemary Wells
- Joe the Monkey Saves for a Goal by John Lanza
- Joe the Monkey Learns to Share by John Lanza
5 & Up:
- Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday by Judith Viorst
- The Berenstain Bears Trouble With Money by Mike Berenstain
- Shanti Saves Her Money by Lisa Bullard
8 & Up:
- A Dollar for Penny by Julie Glass
- Pickle Patch Bathtub by Frances Kennedy
- The Survival Guide for Money Smarts by Eric Braun and Sandy Donovan
Our top pick for parents is The Art of Allowance by John Lanza. It is a short, practical guide to raising money-smart, money-empowered kids.
We will post any events for our Jr.JetSavers account holders here. Please check back each month as we will have an updated “family” calendar for you to view or print too!
Summer Reading Recommendations
Are you looking for a great book for your child to read this summer? Now that school is out, our marketing staff would like to share their favorite “fun” reads with you all summer long. Check out these books!
Are You My Mother? - ages 3-7
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - ages 8-12
Hank the Cowdog series - ages 8-12
The Very Hungry Caterpillar - ages 0-7
Clifford the Big Red Dog - ages 2-8
Rainbow Fish - ages 0-7
The Kissing Hand - ages 4-6
Babar Series - ages 4-8
The next step for our members ages 13-22 is the SOAR program. We are pleased to offer free classes designed to help our younger members make smart financial choices. Members who complete all listed classes and score at least 70% on their post test will receive a $100 reward, deposited to their Share Savings account!