CU Online Login

Get Our Mobile App


Jeff Petronack

    Meet Jeff.

    I’ve been with Wings Financial Advisors for over six years and look forward to helping many more members achieve their financial goals. I love using my financial planning background to ensure my clients are on track for retirement – and that I give them the peace of mind knowing they can do the things they want later in life.

    I started with a BA in Mathematics and Business Administration from the University of St. Thomas. Since then, I have had over 20 years of experience working in the financial services industry with Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®) designations. I’m also a Registered Representative of CUNA Brokerage Services and a member of FINRA and SIPC.

    My wife’s name is Tiffany, and we have two children. I spend my spare time with my family, traveling, playing golf, and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings.

    Jeff Petronack profile headshot

    Schedule a meeting with Jeff.

    Schedule Now

    Older woman writing in a notebook while looking at her computer

    Ask me anything.

    Should I have stocks, bonds, or both?
    As a general rule of thumb, the younger you are, the more you should have in stocks, then add bonds as you are approaching retirement.
    I am thinking of switching my assets to Wings. Why should I?
    Wings’ core value is to provide each member with outstanding service, and we take pride in doing exactly that.
    What is the best way to start investing if you have nothing saved?
    First and foremost, one should have an emergency fund that is liquid equal to six months of expenses. Once that is accomplished, start with tax-advantaged accounts. If your workplace offers a 401(k) with a match, be sure to take full advantage of that match. The next step is to fund either an IRA or Roth IRA. With an IRA you may get a deduction on your taxes depending on your income. With a Roth IRA, you will never have to pay tax on that money when distributions are taken after the age of 59 ½ and held for five years. Certain income limits apply.