Up your earnings with a High-Yield Savings account
Jr. JetSavers membership & rewards.
For our youngest members, Wings Financial offers Jr. JetSavers, a savings and education program for kids ages birth to 12 years. Jr. JetSavers supports and rewards good savings habits with:
- A Jr. JetSaver newsletter: Enjoy our semi-annual newsletter with educational money facts and fun activities.
- Personal birthday wishes: Kids receive a birthday postcard every year until their 12th birthday.
- A free gift: After they reach $150 in their savings account, kids are eligible to receive a FREE J.J. bank!
Suggested Books & Resources for Kids
The Educational Testing Services reported that “students who do more reading at home are better readers and have higher math scores.” What a great motivation to read with your kids! Here are some resources for you to use at home, with a financial education piece. Please feel free to suggest some of your favorite books to us as well and check back for more titles.
Our top pick for parents is Growing Money: A Complete Investing Guide for Kids by Gail Karlitz.
3 Years & Up:
- Once Upon a Dime by Nancy Allen
- Lemonade in Winter by Emily Jenkins & G. Brian Karas
- Joseph Had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback
5 Years & Up:
- Money Madness by David Adler
- One Cent, Two Cent, New Cent, Old Cent: All About Money by Bonnie Worth
- A Chair for My Mother by Vera Williams
8 Years & Up:
- A Smart Girl's Guide to Money by Nancy Holyoke & Sarah Hunt
- Ultimate Kids' Money Book by Neale S. Godfrey
- DK Eyewitness Books: Money by Joe Cribb
Special Events & Monthly Calendar
Get them off to a great start with a Custodial Savings account.
From those first deposits toward college, to weekly allowances, to an official paycheck, a Custodial Savings account provides our younger members a foundation for a lifetime of good financial habits. A parent, grandparent or other custodian may open an account for a minor under 18.
The next step: SOAR
The next step for our members ages 13-22 is the SOAR program. We are pleased to offer free classes designed to help our younger members make smart financial choices. Members who complete all listed classes and score at least 70% on their post test will receive a $100 reward, deposited to their Share Savings account!