15-Month Special Certificate: 2.02% APY*
Jr. JetSavers membership & rewards.
For our youngest members, Wings Financial offers Jr. JetSavers, a savings and education program for kids ages birth to 12 years. Jr. JetSavers supports and rewards good savings habits with:
- A Jr. JetSaver newsletter: Enjoy our semi-annual newsletter with educational money facts and fun activities.
- Personal birthday wishes: Kids receive a birthday postcard every year until their 12th birthday.
- A free gift: After they reach $150 in their savings account, kids are eligible to receive a FREE J.J. bank!
Suggested Books & Resources for Kids
The Educational Testing Services reported that “students who do more reading at home are better readers and have higher math scores.” What a great motivation to read with your kids! Here are some resources for you to use at home, with a financial education piece. Please feel free to suggest some of your favorite books to us as well and check back for more titles.
Our top pick for parents is Teach Your Child To Fish by Holly D. Reid. This book highlights five money habits every child should master.
3 Years & Up:
- Paddy's Pay Day by Alexandra Day
- Bunny Money by Rosemary Wells
- Joe the Monkey Saves for a Goal by John Lanza
5 Years & Up:
- Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique by Jane O’Connor
- Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday by Judith Viorst
- The Berenstain Bears Trouble With Money by Mike Berenstain
8 Years & Up:
- Rock, Brock, and the Savings Shock by Sheila Blair
- A Dollar for Penny by Julie Glass
- Pickle Patch Bathtub by Frances Kennedy
Special Events & Monthly Calendar
Get them off to a great start with a Custodial Savings account.
From those first deposits toward college, to weekly allowances, to an official paycheck, a Custodial Savings account provides our younger members a foundation for a lifetime of good financial habits. A parent, grandparent or other custodian may open an account for a minor under 18.
The next step: SOAR
The next step for our members ages 13-22 is the SOAR program. We are pleased to offer free classes designed to help our younger members make smart financial choices. Members who complete all listed classes and score at least 70% on their post test will receive a $100 reward, deposited to their Share Savings account!