Up your earnings with a High-Yield Savings account
Protect and defend your financial accounts from identity theft.
We won’t let your information fall into the wrong hands. Your identity is safe with us.
The digital transformation of the last few decades means our financial information now lives primarily online. While convenient, having identifying information and account numbers online makes people vulnerable to scams. Wings Financial takes privacy and identity protection seriously. We take a proactive approach to fraud protection, monitoring your information continually and flagging suspicious activity. When you choose Wings, you can be certain your identity is safe with us.
Your Identity is precious. We keep your details under lock and key.
Millions of people experience identity theft every year. Wings Financial helps you defend against online scammers accessing your sensitive information. We adhere to the strictest online security protocols to ensure your identity, accounts, and personal details are impenetrable to anyone but you.
Our accounts are set up to be active defenders against fraudulent activity. In the event that your information is attempted to be accessed, we send you an immediate alert. This real-time protection will give you peace of mind that your money and name are safe with us.
Wings Financial advisors are experienced in online privacy and identity protection. We will keep you equipped to handle the changing world of online privacy.
Stay Educated & Stay Secure
Learn more about identity theft and how we can keep you safe.
Identity Theft & Fraud Prevention Tips
Identity theft occurs when someone steals your personal information, credit cards, checks or driver’s license, and then obtains credit or merchandise in your name. Identity thieves may use a variety of methods to access your data including:
- Stealing wallets/purses
- Changing the address on credit accounts to divert mail to another location
- Stealing mail from mailboxes
- Rummaging through trash to obtain personal data
- Posing as a legitimate company asking for information via email or the phone. This practice is known as "phishing" online or "pretexting" by phone.
Your mail has been stolen:
Contact your local US Postal Inspector. Stolen mail can be used to obtain new credit cards, bank or credit card statements, pre-screened credit offers or tax information. It may also be used to falsify change of address forms or to obtain your personal information through a fraud conducted by mail. To find your local postal inspector, check your telephone directory.
Your Social Security number has been used fraudulently:
Contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) Fraud Hotline at 1 800 269-0271.
Your passport has been lost or stolen:
Contact the United States Department of State (USDS) local field office or visit this website for assistance.
Your checks have been stolen or misused:
Close the account with your financial institution and contact these major check verification companies to request that retailers using their databases refuse to accept your checks:
- Telecheck: 1 800 710-9898 or 1 800 927-0188
- Certegy, Inc.: 1 800 437-5120
- International Check Services: 1 800 631-9656
- Carry your Social Security card, passport or birth certificate with you except when absolutely necessary.
- Give out your Social Security number, mother's maiden name or account information over the phone, unless you are sure the caller is legitimate or you initiated the call.
- Place paid bills in your mailbox for pickup.
- Carry only necessary credit cards and identification.
- Have your mail held by the post office if you will be away from home.
- Shred credit card receipts, solicitations, cancelled checks and other financial documents before discarding.
- Have your name removed from mailing and solicitation lists.
- Request a copy of your credit report every 12 months at www.annualcreditreport.com.
Our experts keep a watchful eye on your information.
Wings Financial has built-in processes and technology that ensures your information is safe. With ongoing fraud alerts, we protect your accounts at all times. If you have any questions regarding security, privacy, and fraud prevention, contact us today.